- Published: 17 March 2015 17 March 2015
- Created: 21 March 2012 21 March 2012
After lengthy discussions with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, the Edinburgh Old Town Development Trust has been recognised as a Scottish Charity. This will enable the Trust to attract a wider range of funding for its work, and confirm to bodies that might not be familiar with the work of a development trust that its aims are charitable and work towards public benefit, not private profit. To clarify this the Trust has had to amend its ‘objects’ slightly. These now read –
1. To provide a vehicle for community-led development of Edinburgh Old Town that meets community needs, through encouraging the involvement of local residents in planning and implementing specific initiatives
2. To advance environmental protection and improvement in Edinburgh Old Town
3. To preserve the diverse culture and historic integrity of Edinburgh Old Town
4. To assist those in need by promoting education and skills training opportunities particularly in Edinburgh Old Town
Our charity number is SC042964.